Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lily Has A New Apron

Lily is my vintage dress form that was given to me to use for displays at craft shows.  She has come in handy to use to display aprons that I've made.

 
I didn't want Lily to get tired of wearing the same thing over and over, so I just made her a new apron that will be good to carry her through the holidays...


Lily is wearing a "Little Black Holiday Apron" made of 100% cotton fabric - black with silver flecks in it.  The apron is fully lined and has a pocket on the front.  The flounce around the bottom makes it extra festive in this sparkly fabric and a flower pin dresses it up even more...

Oh, yes, the "Flower Pin".  That was the first time I'd ever made a flower like that.   It is made with sheer fabric that I cut into circles and then used the heat from a candle - not the flame - and the heat melted the edges and caused them to curl.  Such fun!!!   I'll be trying more and will try to remember to do a step-by-step to share.





 Here's a picture of the top of the apron with a close-up of the flower...


Now my granddaughter has suggested a "sweetheart neckline" with a ruffle - I'm thinking that is a good idea.  So it's "back to the drawing board" to modify my pattern and try another, or two, or three.

Now to find people that want to wear them - or should I say buy them and wear them, or give them for gifts...

1 comment:

  1. So cute! Again, I say, "I wish I wore aprons because the ones you make are just so pretty" So I guess I'll admire them from afar.

    ReplyDelete