Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Apron Day

It was a nice surprise yesterday to stop in at The Red Dresser and see that Lily (my vintage dress form) wasn't wearing one of my aprons - they had sold.  So it was back to the sewing machine today so that I can take another new apron down to put on her.

I had purchased some brown polka dot fabric and a pink & brown print to try on an apron so today was the day.  I am more of a black & white person but I'm really liking this brown/cream/pink combo.  I made two - it's just as easy to cut out, assemble, and make two at a time if the fabric is on hand, and it was.

Brown/Cream/Pink Apron
 
I also made another with the pink zebra print that sold off from Lily.  :)
 
Black/White/Pink Apron
 
I don't usually even wear an apron but I sure do have fun creating them.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I wear my aprons ALL THE TIME and love them!!! I was tired of getting grease splatters on my clothes and they are super cute! Thanks, Mommy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad you wear them and don't just leave them hanging on a hook for decoration. :)

      Delete
  2. I wear one every time I am cooking as well, but I only have the peace sign one from Lori and not a single one from you! Any chance I can get a discount on one? ;D I love, love, LOVE the black and white one with the pink leopard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, you should have a G'ma apron. I'll have to go back to the fabric store and get more of that fabric....I see a new apron in your future. :)

      Delete